Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Garden Goals for Today

Yey our temps are in the 60's for the next few days so that means I can go and clean my gardens up with long sleeves and not get all rashed up. So my plans for today are to take out my vegetable garden, Clean up the perennials, trim up my climbing rose that is sprawling everywhere and plant my spring bulbs. Hopefully my little one will enjoy stumbling all over the yard while I garden. I am always sad to see my gardens start to die off and be uprooted at this time of year, but I know next year brings even prettier things.

3 comments:

rooee said...

I love the way our gardens get better each spring. The bulbs multiply, it's magical. I am not sure if we will still be here in Spring, but I am going plant a few more bulbs even if we arent, someone might get a pleasant surprise! Your garden is lovely with the mums in bloom!

Celene said...

Very pretty! Is it fall in Australia too? I guess it is, but what I mean is, is the weather turning cooler and growing season over? How does that work there? Here fall is upon us, growing season is over and it's getting cool. In the mid 40's at night this week, 60's - 70's during the day. Thanks for coming to
Wood n' Whimsy to enter the jewelry giveaway. Good Luck and God Bless, Celene

aussie gardening in America said...

It is going into Summer in Australia now. I am in Illinois but come from Australia!!