Friday, September 26, 2008

Moms are flowering


Finally my moms are flowering and they were worth the wait, they truly remind me of Fall. It has been quite warm here in the midwest but next week we are heading towards 60's as Highs and I can't wait. I still have alot of cleaning up to do in my garden beds.

My moms garden looks a bit bare, I am waiting for another lot of bulbs to come as this will now be my Seasonal garden. I have dutch tulips and grecian windflowers to plant for next Spring then I will plant petunias and other pretty annuals through Summer. I think I will also get some more bare root moms. This is how these started in Spring. I have had great luck with bare root gardening, all plants have survived and thrived, I have never had as much luck with the already established plants I buy. I think it must be to do with soil acclimatisation.

The other surprise with my moms is that I had no idea what colours they will be so I am very happy with the beautiful colours I have.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CozyGirl said...

I love mums! You have such a nice garden~ I need to create more garden areas in my yard next spring and summer.I also like your fall layout!