Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Roses

I have had luck with one rose out of around five and yes I have been told Roses are easy to grow. Hmm apart from all the bugs and black spot etc. The one that has grown so tall is David Austin Climber, so I am going to look at getting a new David Austin for next Spring. Might even be a good christmas present request. Here are some that I like
Claire Austin

Lady Hamilton


Christopher Barlowe


I have always wanted a yellow rose but never had any luck with them. I also think that the white roses have a sense of clean and unspoilt about them that I love.

1 comment:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

I used to have roses, but the beetles ate them, or I got black spot, or they just died. I had one called Jacob's Coat or something like that. It was a yellow and red rose. It was beautiful but it died. LOL.

Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway.

Mary